- Tennis Slow Motion Videos
- Tennis Grips
- Forehand Instruction
- Backhand Instruction
- Serving Instruction
- Volley Lessons
- Overhead Lessons
- Return of Serve
- Specialty Shots
- Tennis Strategy
- Training and Drills
How to Hit an Overhead
- Categorized in: Overhead Lessons
Grip: *The correct grip for the overhead is the continental grip.
What to know: The Overhead is similar to the serve. In fact, it is nearly identical in terms of form. Your service should look like your overhead without tossing the ball yourself. The main difference is that there is no spin on an overhead (or very little depending on the angle)
- Stand sideways!
- Get your racquet back quickly behind your head (back scratch position)
- Use your non-dominant hand to follow the ball through the air
- Lastly, make contact with the ball at the highest possible point to maximize power
New comments are currently disabled.
Rate to Improve Your Recommendations